Dodge Hellcat is a super-fast muscle car famous for its mighty engine and eye-catching design. But how much does a hellcat weigh, you ask?
Well, if we peek at the 2023 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Jailbreak, it weighs 4,594 pounds. Its close cousin, the 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, is a tad lighter, tipping the scales at 4,428 pounds.
Why Do Hellcats Tip the Scale?
Several reasons make Hellcats heavy:
- They come with a vast 6.2-litre Hemi V8 engine. This engine pumps out 717 horsepower and 656 lb-ft of torque. Such power comes with weight!
- They boast features to amp up their performance – like a broad body kit, Brembo brakes, and top-notch suspension. All these extras contribute to the car’s heft.
- Size matters! A Hellcat stretches 197.5 inches in length and 75.7 inches in width, standing on a 116.0-inch wheelbase. This enormous build naturally adds to its weight.
How Weight Plays with Performance:
Does a Hellcat’s weight slow it down? Surprisingly, only a little. Its mighty engine easily counterbalances its weight, ensuring fast speeds and swift acceleration. However, this same weight makes it less agile than lighter cars, especially when zooming around.
Shedding Pounds from a Hellcat:
To make a Hellcat lighter, you can:
- Get rid of extras like the sunroof, stereo, or spare tire.
- Choose lighter wheels and tires.
- Opt for a more lightweight suspension.
- Switch to a more delicate exhaust system.
Compared to Other Cars:
- 2023 Chevrolet Camaro SS: 3,839 pounds
- 2023 Ford Mustang GT: 3,705 pounds
- 2023 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack: 4,090 pounds
- 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera S: 3,295 pounds
- 2023 BMW M4 Competition: 3,800 pounds
- 2023 Audi RS 5: 3,845 pounds
The Upsides of Light Cars:
With a lighter car, you get:
- Better fuel savings.
- Smoother handling.
- Faster speeds.
Downsides of Skinnier Cars:
But light cars can:
- Offer less protection in crashes.
- Give a less comfy ride.
- Wear out quicker.
Why Weight Placement Matters:
Having evenly spread weight in a car makes it stable and easy to steer. Hellcats do this well, with 53% of importance in the front and 47% in the back.
Impact of Weight:
- On Performance: More weight means slower starts and reduced speeds. But engines, shape, and suspension can change this.
- On Fuel Use: Heavier cars drink more gas because they need more power.
- On Safety: Weight can be a safety shield in crashes. But it can also make cars prone to flipping.
Though the Dodge Hellcat is a heavyweight in the car world, it dazzles with its speed and looks. If you’re hunting for a fast and fashionable muscle car, the Hellcat should be on your list. how much does a hellcat weigh.
- Options like sunroofs add weight to Hellcats.
- The driver’s weight can also change a Hellcat’s weight and how it moves.
- If you’re considering getting a Hellcat but want something swift and agile, explore lighter cars.